Levolin 50mcg Inhaler
Levolin 50mcg Inhaler belongs to a group of medicines called fast-acting or palliative bronchodilators. Used to treat symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) such as cough, wheezing and shortness of breath.
The Levolin 50mcg inhaler provides quick relief from breathing problems when you need it. In most cases, you will be given another inhaler (prophylaxis) to prevent symptoms. It can be taken at any time, but should only be used when you notice symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath, chest tightness, or when you know you will engage in activities that could cause shortness of breath.
How does Levolin 50mcg Inhaler work?
As a bronchodilator, the Levolin 50 mcg inhaler relaxes and widens the muscles of the lung airways, making breathing easier. Taken before exposure to the trigger, it prevents the onset of an asthma attack. In COPD, this drug helps keep the airways in the lungs open and relieve breathing difficulties.
What is Levolin 50mcg Inhaler used for?
Levolin Inhaler is used to treat:
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- lung inflammation
- narrowing of the airways
Levolin 50mcg Inhaler is used to treat and relieve spasms and constrictions of the airways in respiratory disorders such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, characterized by difficulty in breathing, coughing, wheezing and chest tightness.
How to use the Levolin 50mcg inhaler?
Check the instructions on the label before use. Shake the inhaler. As you inhale through your mouth, press the inhaler once to release the medicine and hold your breath for 10 seconds. Repeat until you have inhaled the number of puffs recommended by your doctor. Then rinse your mouth well with water and spit.
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Sore throat and hoarseness
- Tremors in the arms and legs
- Loss of appetite
- muscle aches and cramps
- swelling of the eyelids, face, lips, tongue
- itchy skin
- Chest pain and discomfort
- Sleep disorder
- increased heart rate
- Difficult to swallow
- The dose that helps relieve symptoms depends on the type of symptoms and their severity.
- Press the inhaler once and release the medicine as you inhale through your mouth.
- Hold your breath for 10 seconds.
- Repeat this process until you take your doctor’s recommended puff.
- Then rinse your mouth thoroughly with water.
- The usual recommended dose is two inhalations 4-6 hours apart.
Note: do not exceed the recommended dose. The use of overdose has been associated with life-threatening reactions.
Before using Levolin Inhaler 50mcg (Levosalbutamol)
Please check the following points:
Not allergic to levosalbutamol
do not take medications without a prescription or without the knowledge of a doctor
Your doctor is aware of your surgery, pre-existing illnesses, illnesses and medications, dietary habits, supplements, etc.
What should I avoid?
- should avoid alcohol and other drugs
- Taking the drug without a prescription should be strictly avoided as they may react with Levolin inhalers.
When not to use Avoid?
Levosalbutamol should be avoided if:
- Have you ever noticed an allergy / sensitivity?
- pregnant / pregnancy / breastfeeding
- have a heart problem
- If you have high blood pressure
- Potassium levels also drop, so you have hypokalemia
- they are taking drugs that react
- Always discuss medications with your doctor, especially when taking new medications.
Please see your doctor if:
- Allergic to the spray or its contents
- Have heart problems such as chest pain
- Do you have high blood pressure?
- Those with other diseases
- Pregnant / breastfeeding
- Have a medical history, surgery, or other medications
Interactions with other drugs
Levolin 50mcg Inhaler can affect how other medications work, and other medications can affect how his Levolin 50 mcg Inhaler works.
Talk to your doctor about any medications, supplements, or herbal remedies you are currently taking or may be taking to avoid possible interactions.
Especially if you are taking medications for high blood pressure, brain disorders, heart disease, or asthma medications.
Concomitant use of diuretics such as furosemide and hydrochlorothiazide can lower potassium levels in the body and cause arrhythmias. Your doctor may advise you to monitor your blood potassium level.
Is it safe to drink alcohol while using Levolin 50 mcg inhaler?
No. The combination of alcohol and Levolin can cause excessive drowsiness. Therefore, it is recommended that you avoid drinking alcohol until treatment is complete.
Will using the Levolin 50 mcg inhaler affect my ability to drive?
Driving or operating heavy machinery after using Levolin 50 mcg inhaler may be unsafe as it may cause tremors, drowsiness and irregular heartbeat.
When should I use Levolin 50 mcg inhaler for effective results?
Levolin 50 mcg inhaler should be used as needed. For the control of asthma, it should be taken in situations where the trigger may be encountered. For the management of COPD, take as directed by your doctor.
Can I smoke if I was prescribed Levolin 50mcg inhaler?
No, do not smoke while taking Levolin 50mcg Inhaler. Smoking irritates the lungs. This drug can make breathing difficult, especially for people with asthma. If you have difficulty avoiding smoking, talk to your doctor.