Loxof 750 mg
Loxof 750 mg tablet is antibiotics. Used to treat bacterial infections of the lungs, throat, respiratory tract, nose, ears, urinary tract, skin and soft tissue. Contains levofloxacin.
Loxof Tablet works by killing the bacteria that cause the infection by blocking some important functions of bacterial cells such as growth and replication. It should be taken at the dose and for the duration prescribed by the doctor.
How does Loxof 750 mg work?
Levofloxacin in Loxof 750 mg tablets prevents bacterial growth by interfering with important functions of the bacterial cell, such as protein synthesis, which are responsible for bacterial growth and development.
What are the Uses of Loxof 750 mg?
Treatment of bacterial infections
Loxof 750 mg Tablet is an antibiotic which can be used to treat various infections caused by bacteria. These include ear, nose, throat, lung, urinary tract, skin and soft tissue infections in adults and children. It works by killing bacteria that cause infections and stopping their growth.
This drug usually makes you feel better right away. However, you must continue taking it for as long as prescribed even if you feel better so that all bacteria are killed and you do not become resistant.
How to take Loxof 750 tablet?
Loxof 750 mg tablets can be taken with or without food at around the same time each day. Once the treatment with Levofloxacin 750 mg Tablet has started, it is recommended to end the whole cycle to avoid the development of resistant bacteria.
Avoid taking tablets with dairy products such as milk, cheese, curd, butter, bread, and ice cream.
Symptoms of an overdose are dizziness, nausea, confusion, loss of consciousness, convulsions. Seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medication.
If You forgot a dose
For optimal effect, doses of antibiotics should not be missed. If you forget a dose of Loxof Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to make up for a missed dose
- He retched
When not to use?
Avoid taking Tablet if you have any allergies. Severe allergic reactions to this drug are rare. However, if symptoms such as rash, itching/swelling (especially on the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, or difficulty breathing appear, consult a doctor immediately.
Tendonitis or tendon rupture
Tablet can cause muscle damage, especially in older people. Do not use Loxof 750 tablet if you have problems with tendons (the tissue that connects bones to muscles).
Myasthenia gravis is a disorder of skeletal muscle weakness characterized by his one severe weakness of the muscles of the arms and legs. If you have myasthenia gravis, avoid using this tablet as it may worsen the condition.
Please see your doctor if:
- You have diabetes, mental illness, brain damage, kidney or liver problems.
- Over 60 years with a history of seizures.
- Take steroids
- If you have low or high blood sugar, have diabetes, and are taking anti-diabetic medications, consider monitoring your blood sugar frequently.
- There are symptoms related to the nervous system such as confusion, insomnia, nightmares, self-destructive thoughts, depression and anxiety. Please consult a doctor immediately.
- You have heart problems, a history of heart attacks, a slow heartbeat, and a salt imbalance.
- You have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disease affecting red blood cells).
- Have or have had an allergic reaction after taking Loxof tablets.
- You have myasthenia gravis, a condition of muscle weakness. This drug can worsen the condition of muscle weakness.
- Loxof Tablet is not for use by children or adolescents.
This drug is known to cause tendon tears, nerve damage / pain (peripheral neuropathy). Be careful and talk to your doctor if you already have any of these conditions before starting treatment.
interactions with other drugs
- Some medicines can affect the way Loxof 750 Tablet works, or the medicine itself can make other medicines you are taking less effective.
- Tell your doctor about any medications, supplements, or herbs you are currently taking or may be taking to avoid possible interactions.
- Especially if you are taking medications for heart problems, brain disorders, other antibiotics, blood thinners, pain relievers, steroids.
- Medicines containing aluminum, magnesium or sucralfate used for acidity problems should be taken at least 2 hours after Loxof tablets.
- Other drugs such as methotrexate, cimetidine and probenecid should be used with caution together with Loxof Tablet.
- Food supplements containing iron can affect how this tablet works, so you should take this medicine 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking any iron-containing product.
Storage and Disposal
- Store the Loxof tablet at room temperature in a clean, dry place away from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medication out of the reach of children and pets.
- Properly dispose of any unused medicine. Do not flush the toilet or throw it down the drain.
Loxof tablets have proven to be very effective in the treatment of bacterial infections. Take with food as directed by your doctor. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. Take this tablet at about the same time each day.
Your doctor will determine the appropriate dose range for your condition. Take tablet as directed by your doctor. Do not stop without completing the course to avoid the development of bacterial resistance.
Do not give your medicine to others, even if they appear to have your illness. Keep out of the reach of children and pets. Do not use after the expiry date. Dispose of unused medicine properly.
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before starting Loxof 750 Tablet?
Loxof Tablet may interact with other medications, so tell your doctor if you are taking any other medications, especially supplements or herbs. Also, if you stop taking the medicine, talk to your doctor.
Can I stop taking Loxof Tablet if I feel my symptoms are getting better?
No, do not stop taking Loxof during treatment. This can lead to reinfection and resistant bacteria. Antibiotics must be taken for the entire prescribed period.
Does Loxof Tablet cause diarrhea?
Yes, you may experience diarrhea as a side effect after taking Loxof tablets. If diarrhea is severe, seek medical attention.