About Modalert 100 mg
Modalert 100 mg tablets are used to promote wakefulness in patients with excessive daytime sleepiness or somnolence due to sleep disturbances. It also helps you stay awake during work hours if your work schedule isn’t in line with your scheduled sleep schedules. Do not use to delay falling asleep in people without sleep disorders.
How does Modalert 100 mg work?
Modalert 100 mg tablets contain modafinil, a sleep regulating drug. It works by increasing the levels of serotonin and norepinephrine, chemicals that stimulate different parts of the brain and make it difficult to sleep during the day. It also increases levels, which help treat excessive sleepiness and regulate sleep cycles.
Uses of Modalert 100 mg
Narcolepsy: uncontrollable daytime sleepiness
Obstructive sleep apnea: A sleep disorder in which breathing stops briefly during sleep.
Sleep Disorder During Shift Work: Excessive sleepiness seen in people whose work schedules change frequently.
How to use Modalert?
- Take Modalert tablets exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Do not exceed the dose even if you feel no effect.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Take only in the morning.
- Take the tablet whole with a glass of water.
- Do not crush or chew the tablets.
- Do not take with other medications without talking to your doctor.
- Do not take if the package has been opened.
- Insomnia (difficulty sleeping)
Interactions with other drugs
Oral contraceptives: the effectiveness of Modalert tablets may decrease with the use of steroid contraceptives.
Ciclosporin, Midazolam and Triazolam: If you are using drugs like these with Modalert tablets, the dosage of Modalert should be changed, as the drugs can stay in the body longer and cause
Anticoagulants: If anticoagulants are used with a Modalert tablet, the prothrombin time / INR (one test) should be taken frequently to monitor for effects.
Antidepressants: If you are using antidepressants or other related medications, do not take Modalert with them.
Interactions with food
- Interactions with alcohol.
- Do not take the Modalert tablet with alcohol. It can interfere with the effects of the drug and increase the severity of side effects such as sleepiness, dizziness, mood swings, etc.
Strictly follow all instructions on the label and take the Modalert 100 mg tablet only as directed. Do not take more than prescribed and do not share this medicine with other people. It is recommended that you tell your doctor about all medicines or herbal products you are using and all your medical conditions before taking this medicine. Do not use this drug in place of good sleep and follow all your doctor’s instructions on good sleep habits.
Can I take one Modalert 100 mg while pregnant?
Modalert 100 Tablet may not be safe to use during pregnancy. There are few human studies and animal studies have shown harmful effects on unborn babies. Consult a doctor, as he will evaluate the benefits and risks before prescribing it.
Can I take a 100 mg Modalert while breastfeeding?
There are few human studies and they have shown that a small amount of the drug can pass through breast milk to the baby. Do not take this medicine without consulting your doctor.
Can I consume alcohol with the Modalert 100 mg?
No, you cannot consume alcohol with a 100 mg Modalert tablet. It can interfere with the function of the drug and can exaggerate the condition.
Other general warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you are using any other medicine, please provide your doctor with your complete medical history before taking it.
- If you are using Ayurvedic or herbal medicines and supplements, they can interfere with how Modalert tablets work.
There are no reviews yet.