About Modalert 200 mg
Modalert 200 mg is produce by a Sun Pharma Laboratories Ltd. generic brand for the drug Modafinil.
Modalert 200 mg Modafinil is very similar to Armodafinil, a drug that promotes alertness, attention, concentration and cognitive function. It is also used to treat excessive sleepiness due to sleep apnea, narcolepsy, and shift-related sleep disorders.
How does Modalert 200 mg work?
Modafinil is the active ingredient of Modalert 200 mg. Reduces extreme sleepiness by acting as a brain stimulant. Modafinil 200 tablets helps reduce excessive fatigue by regulating the number of chemical messengers in the brain and exerting a warning effect.
Modalert 200 mg uses.
Modalert 200 mg tablets promote wakefulness in patients with excessive daytime sleepiness caused by narcolepsy, a condition in which there is an irregular sleep-wake cycle.
Obstructive sleep apnea / hypopnea syndrome (OSAS)
This drug is used in people with sleep disorders such as obstructive sleep apnea. This causes short pauses in breathing or shallow breathing, causing poor sleep during the night and sleepiness during the day.
Sleep disturbances during shift work
Modalert tablets are used to relieve excessive sleepiness in people who do not have a sleep schedule due to shift changes.
How to use Modalert 200 mg Tablet?
Take this medicine at the dose and for the duration prescribed by your doctor. Swallow it whole. Do not chew, crush or break. this tablet can be taken with or without food, but it is recommended to take them at regular times.
- Modalert 100 mg
- Modvigil 200 mg
- Modvigil 100 mg
If you suspect an overdose, seek emergency medical help or contact your doctor.
The dose of Modalert-200 should be taken at the same time each day. If you miss your scheduled dose, take it as soon as you remember. Set reminders to keep track of your schedule.
If there is a delay of 12 hours or more, or it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the normal dose., it may lead to overdose and is not safe.
- Make you dizzy.
- Insomnia (has difficulty falling asleep)
- Back ache
interactions with other medications
interactions with food
Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Modalert 200 mg tablets. This may increase the risk of side effects.
When not to use it?
This medication is not recommended for patients with known allergies to modafinil or its related compounds, or any other ingredients found in modafinil.
- Take with or without food, preferably before waking up in the morning.
- It does not replace a good sleep routine. Make sure you get enough sleep each night.
- This can cause headaches. Drink plenty of water and take appropriate painkillers. If it doesn’t go away, talk to your doctor.
- Don’t drive or do anything that requires concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medication as it may increase side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding.
- Birth control pills become less effective, so consult your doctor and use an effective method of birth control.
- If you notice mood swings or have suicidal thoughts, talk to your doctor.
- If you develop a rash, itching, or breathing problems while taking this medicine, stop taking it and talk to your doctor.
- Prolonged use may lead to dependence/potential dependence.
- Do not suddenly stop taking your medicine without consulting your doctor.
Storage and Disposal
Store Modalert tablets in an airtight container out of the reach of children. Store at room temperature, away from sources of heat and humidity and away from direct sunlight (avoid baths). Unused tablets should be disposed of properly to prevent pets, children and others from consuming them.